The beauty industry for ages has directed its focus on alluring women as its main consumers. Women love to use rich facial and body moisturizers, condition their hair, and paint their nails, all in the sake of preserving their everlasting beauty. In the last decade we have seen a major shift within the industry and that’s focusing now on men’s needs. This shift in men’s grooming and care products popping all over beauty store counters can really be attributed to the woman. Most times there’s always a woman “influencer” in a man’s life that gives them a higher quality men’s product. Once this happens, the man usually starts being more aware of how they can take care of themselves.
For quite some time men’s care meant care with shaving. Razors, creams, after-shaves have always been on men’s radars. Men’s products are expanding to face masks, hand cream, beard-‐specific products, shower gels, exfoliators, the list goes on and on. According to GCI Magazine, men spent more money on male-targeted toiletries than on shaving products.
All signs are pointing to the next big thing in beauty business regarding men is the rise in makeup for men. Concealers, blotting powders, even something like a tinted moisturizer but for men! Men want to look and feel their best so why shouldn’t they have the same accessibility to some of the same products women cherish so much?
Men’s Manual to Beauty:
- Cleanser: Find a cleanser that caters to your skin Men tend to have more oily skin than women, so reach for an oil-‐free cleanser.
- Exfoliator: Exfoliating is essential to proper skincare especially if you start using the men makeup available on the market and if you have facial Facial hair can easily capture dirt and grime on the face, exfoliating your entire face and focusing on your facial hair will make sure you’re clean as a whistle.
- Shave: Whether it’s a manual razor or an electric one, pick the tool that works best for Shaving cream really helps ensure a smooth, clean shave. After-‐shave is used for that extra manliness, but it’s not necessary.
- Moisturizer: Immediately after cleansing and shaving, don’t forget to lock in the benefits of all you’ve done so Moisturizing seals the deal making skin feel hydrated and ready to face on any challenges the day may have.
- Cologne: The final spritz before leaving the house, pick a scent that best expresses you.